Dry Flush Toilet F.A.Q.'s
Laveo Dry Flush Toilet FAQs
Where can I buy a Laveo™ by Dry Flush portable toilet?
- Right here on www.ShopGreenLiving.com , call direct at 800-674-1711 , email or message us.
Where does the waste go?
Waste is automatically encapsulated during a “flush” and hidden in a lined container under the seat. When the cartridge is expended, lift up the toilet seat and the trim piece just under it. Lift out the liner bag containing wrapped waste. You will never see or smell waste at any time.
Can I install the Laveo™ by Dry Flush in my shower area?
- You can, but the Laveo™ by Dry Flush is water resistant but not completely waterproof. It must be covered with a trash bag or some suitable waterproof cover
What about freezing?
- No water means that the unit is immune to freezing temperatures. The battery is good down to at least -20°F (-30°C) depending upon charge condition. Waste will freeze, but that causes no issues.
What happens when the cartridge runs out?
A red line appears on the material that lets you know that the cartridge has about two more flushes and you should change the cartridge. If you ignore the indicator, the material will run out in the next flush or two, and the top edge of the material will be visible.
What about availability of refills?
- You can purchase your refill cartridges on www.ShopGreenLiving.com or by clicking here , call direct at 800-674-1711 , email or message us.
Someone used the toilet before I had a chance to put in a cartridge – now what?
- This is always a possibility, but don’t worry. No damage has been done. The rigid container has collected the waste, and it must be emptied and cleaned.
How much weight can the unit hold?
- It has been tested to 500 lbs without appreciable deformation.
Does the toilet plug into a standard outlet?
- The charger plugs into a standard outlet. Once the battery is charged you need to unplug it. The unit is not meant to be plugged in at all times. The toilet is cordless and can be used anywhere, even where there is no power.
What is the electricity used for?
- It powers the flush, the toilet needs power to twist the Mylar bag.
Is it legal to dump human waste in landfills?
Yes! All landfills accept human waste to accommodate baby and adult diapers. Standard regulations require that waste be contained in plastic bags. (we are currently working on a biodegradable bagging system)
Why is there no odor?
- The best thing about Laveo™ by Dry Flush! Over two years in development, Laveo™ by Dry Flush’s proprietary barrier material completely isolates waste and odor. Once the toilet is flushed you will never see it again. Furthermore, when the unit is emptied, it’s really empty. There is nothing to create a cumulative or lingering “dirty toilet” odor. All surfaces that come in contact with waste are discarded in the double-layered barrier bag.
How long does the battery last?
- The battery will last for several months, depending upon weather and for at least 300 flushes before charging is needed.
How do I clean the Laveo™ by Dry Flush?
- Just wipe the exterior with a damp cloth. There is no holding tank to clean. All surfaces that contact waste are discarded when you change refills.
Is the material biodegradable?
- Not at this time, but a biodegradable material is under development.